This tutorial will show you how to setup a VPN tunnel between your Paperspace machine and any other computer. ZeroTier is one of the easiest VPN services to configure and it's completely free for up to 100 devices. The entire process, from start to finish, should only take a few minutes.
1. Create ZeroTier Account
2. Create a Network
- After you've logged in to ZeroTier, navigate to the Networks tab
- Click Create New Network and your Network ID will be visible in the interface
3. Choose Public or Private Access
There are two ways to manage access: Public or Private
Public Network: Anyone with the Network ID can connect. This is the easiest option but is slightly less secure.
- Click on the Network in the ZeroTier interface
- Under Access Control, select the None (Public Network) option:
Private Network: All machines must be approved through the ZeroTier interface before they can connect. This is the default option and is more secure.
- When machines join the Network (see Step 4), they will need to be approved under the Members section. Just check the box under the Auth? column to approve each machine:
4. Install ZeroTier App
Download and install the ZeroTier App from the terminal using this command:
curl -s 'https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1657198823E52A61' | gpg --import && \ if z=$(curl -s 'https://install.zerotier.com/' | gpg); then echo "$z" | sudo bash; fi
The Command Line prints your new 10 digit ZeroTier address
5. Join machines to network
In Terminal Run the following command:
sudo zerotier-cli join <network_id>
If you are running a private network you need to approve this machine as outlined in step 3