Welcome to the Parsec Template on Paperspace
The Parsec template offers low latency, a high-quality streamer that is optimized for remote gaming. With Parsec, you get low latency, 60 frames per second video over the internet for accessing and playing PC games. You can access your favorite games from home or outside your home without carrying a bulky gaming laptop or buying an expensive gaming rig that will be out of date in 6 months. Paperspace offers you a high-quality GPU machine in the cloud that anyone can launch. Using Paperspace with the Parsec template will mean you will always have the best gaming machine around.
Paperspace's Parsec machine is a fully-featured desktop in the cloud-optimized for playing the hottest games on the market. The Parsec template is based on Windows 10 (Running as Windows Server 2022 in Desktop Mode). The template comes pre-installed with the Parsec client, Steam & Origin along with Google Chrome.
All you'll need to do is sign up for an account at Parsec.app and download the software to your local machine, and you'll be all set.
The template can be accessed by selecting the CORE option on the menu, then go into Create a Machine, Operating Systems>Public Templates.
What's on the template?
Your Parsec machine comes pre-installed with the following software:
You can install additional software/games as you would on any computer.
How do I use Parsec?
It's possible to use Parsec on any of the Windows templates as long as you've selected a GPU-dedicated instance. For issues specific to the Parsec client, please make sure to check their Help Center.
- Create an account on Parsec.app
- Download the Parsec Client. Parsec is available for any Mac running macOS 10.11+ (with Metal support), any PC with this hardware running Windows 7+, or the Raspberry Pi 3. If you’re on a Mac, after downloading the application, you’ll need to right-click and open — double-clicking will not work because we’re not distributed through the app store.
- Open your Paperspace machine via the browser application provided on Paperspace’s console. Please do not use the native application for your machine. This will cause issues with Parsec. If you happen to do this, you’ll need to go back into the browser app, reset your display resolution in the Nvidia Control panel to 1080p or lower.
- Launch the Parsec Server with your Parsec account and save your password for automatic logins. If you want to run Parsec as an Admin to access User Access Control screens (Task Manager), please right-click and launch Parsec Server as Admin from the Start Menu or Applications.
- Close Paperspace, Open the Parsec Client on your local computer and click connect. You can change settings to optimize the connection (like increasing your bandwidth to improve video quality) in the settings section of the client. Once in a while, the mouse can take a few seconds to appear at launch as Parsec and Paperspace sync video display settings. Please give it a few seconds to appear.
- Click your preferred software & download your favorite games.
- Start Gaming!