After stopping a Notebook, it can be saved and relaunched on different compute type. This allows you to write code on a lower level machine and then test it with different GPU tiers. Data in Persistent Storage will be available on clones as long as you stay within the same storage region.
Storage regions are as follows:
- East Coast (NY2) - GPU+, P5000, C2, C7
- GCP West - K80, P100, TPU
- In the console, in the Notebook section, click the start button on the Notebook you want to launch:
- Name your new Notebook, and select the type of machine you'd like to run it on. Then click "Start Notebook.":
- Your new Notebook is created! It will be pending for a moment and then go straight to running, from which you can click Open and start working on your new notebook:
- You can clone to a different region type but anything you have in Persistent Storage (/storage) will not carry over.